In the beginning...

February 8, 2023. I woke up at about 3:45 am and Josh was getting ready for work. I cried and told him that something in my gut told me not to go to work that day. I had a doctors appointment and he agreed to take me. He asked that I be ready by 9:45 am to be on time. I agreed and went back to sleep. He arrived at home right on time and woke me up. My first words were, "What are you doing here? Why aren't you at work?" I was confused. I knew I had a doctor appointment but I was wondering why he was at home. 

My doctor wanted to see my lab work because I was lethargic, had trouble breathing, and had to have Josh push me in a wheelchair. Walking was difficult without stopping to catch my breath. My lab work came back rather quickly and my doctor wanted me to see the nephrologist the same day. We went to the store and then went home. I sat on the couch and began to fall asleep. The phone rang and I didn't want to answer it. Josh made me answer it. I went to the nephrologist and he gave me my blood work results. 

My kidney function was at 4%! My oxygen levels were so low that I could hardly keep my eyes open. I was admitted to Covenant Hospital to begin dialysis. Josh was so scared. I was also scared but I'd never seen Josh like that in our entire marriage! He's done nothing but take good care of me over the years of our marriage. After a couple of hours waiting, I finally got into a room at the hospital. I was given lots of information in a short amount of time. What procedures I'd be getting, what my options were, who my doctors were, etc. 

I spent a week in the hospital and had several visitors. Lots of prayer warriors were and are on my side. I've never been on this side of the medical field. I'm usually the one who visits those in need. It's hard being the one in need. It seems selfish to want and/or need help in any way. I understand that's what the Church is about; to provide help to those in need. But I've never been one in need. I'm thankful for those who have helped and those who are willing to still help! 

I will say this: I'm thankful for Josh. Without him, I'd probably be visiting the gates of heaven right now. And I love him more and more every day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To whom it may concern

The future of whoever she will be

Whoever little brother wants to be