The future of whoever she will be

November 2011. My sister and her husband announced her first pregnancy. I was so excited to be an aunt! We found out she was having a girl! 

June 2012. We were all at the hospital waiting for her to make her arrival. My sister was wheeled into surgery to have a C-section and we waited down the hall. All 7 of us waited. Until we heard, from down the hall, a loud baby scream and cry. She was here! All 9 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches of her! 

Her father wheeled her out as her mother was finishing in surgery. One look at her and I believed, at that very moment, in love at first sight. I hadn't ever believed it before seeing her face. What was it about this new child that made me fall in love that fast? She was so beautiful and she still is beautiful! Dimples and all. 

I won't ever forget that moment though! Her sweet chubby cheeks and her swaddled in a blanket. Her mother came out of surgery and we got to talk. She was so happy and exhausted at the same time. I'd never seen my sister so happy... except on her wedding day. She was ecstatic to be a mom! And it suits her to this day. 

If I could say anything to this little girl that I speak of, I'd say this: 

Look to Jesus before fighting any battles. Also, pick your battles carefully. Jesus will win and has won any war for you. Your fight in any battle will be successful with Jesus Christ at your side. You will always have me at your back along with your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and your brother. Please don't ever forget that I will be around for you whenever you call. Don't forget, child, that you are always loved. You are also fearfully and wonderfully made. The Lord bless you and keep you. May He show His countenance upon you and give you peace. And in the words of Bob Dylan, 

May God bless and keep you always

May your wishes all come trueMay you always do for othersAnd let others do for youMay you build a ladder to the starsAnd climb on every rungMay you stay forever youngMay you stay forever young
May you grow up to be righteousMay you grow up to be trueMay you always know the truthAnd see the light surrounding youMay you always be courageousStand upright and be strongMay you stay forever youngMay you stay forever young
May your hands always be busyMay your feet always be swiftMay you have a strong foundationWhen the winds of changes shiftMay your heart always be joyfulMay your song always be sungAnd may you stay forever youngMay you stay forever young


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To whom it may concern

Whoever little brother wants to be