Try as I might...

 Try as I might, I can't seem to get these feelings of hurt out of me. Okay, what hurt? It's not from my husband or anyone in particular. I'm hurting from feeling complacent. Hear me out. I'm not sure where to start in my mission to help those around me. I've been praying and trying to think of ways to help those who need help. My husband and I bought dinner for a homeless man a couple of weeks ago. If we'd had the space, I would've suggested he stay the night with us because it gets cold where I live. I mean COLD!! Freezing temps at night. And I know that there are not a lot of shelters that are willing to have people do the standing-room-only thing. That becomes a fire hazard. 

The husband and I have some lofty dreams about how to help those in need. We would like to own a place that allows for certain things to be bought and sold for those who like to hunt. And on my side of it, it would be more for those who like to craft with yarn (knit, crochet, tatting, etc.) and we were going to combine the two. Have sitting areas to work on projects, drink coffee, have a small pastry or two, and just enjoy the company of those who enjoy the same hobbies. While owning this store/small bakery, we would employ those in need of a job. We'd expect those we're helping to move on to bigger and better things. Such as finishing an education, owning their own home, getting better jobs, etc. However, all of this takes time and money. One of which is what I have. With all my medical appointments and my medical fragility, I have a lot of time. 

With all of that being said, my prayer (our prayer really) is that we do it slowly and legally. Lots of red tape like insurance, location(s), people... all the things. So try as I might, I'm hurting. I don't like being complacent in my faith. I want to help others because lots of others have helped me. Any ideas? Thank you very much in advance. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To whom it may concern

The future of whoever she will be

Whoever little brother wants to be