Is it really a new beginning?

 It's the beginning of a new year and everyone is doing new resolutions. Will anyone stick to them? Some will, some won't. It's par for the course. As I am trying to lose weight to get on a transplant list, my concern for other health issues pops up. 

In all my time earth side, I have never known God to let me down. There have been moments in my life I believed hard core that my faith was shaken and that's normal. I don't feel that I have regrets, only learning experiences. Having regrets means I'm not keeping my faith in God. At least that's my take on it. I've had lots of opportunity to feel regret and I did sit and wallow for about a minute. However, the Lord put people in my life to help me along in my troubled seas. And when I got through the fog, I saw the sunshine and realized that my choices in where to sit. I'd like to believe that when I get to heaven, I'll have endless Dr. Pepper, endless yarn, and know how to make every pattern ever written. Will that happen? I have no idea. More importantly, I'll see Jesus [Christ] and that is the ultimate goal! 

I'm looking forward to my ultimate goal. Along the way, I have other goals. Losing weight in order to find a donor, living a life of service to the Lord, and having the simple things in life. I'd rather live simply and serve others while serving God than to have too much of anything. Is it really a new beginning though just because it's a new year? I'll give you that yes, it is a new beginning! But what kind of new beginning? Your weight loss journey? The adoption process or a new marriage?? Or even a new baby? Praise God in all of those things!! 

I've had quite the last 11-12 months. Hospital stays, dialysis, oxygen therapy, weight loss, blood draws/infusions, and a laundry list more. Do I have regrets? Nope. Should I have taken care of myself to prevent these things? Yep. Did I need this wake up call? Of course. Would I change it? Not a chance. So where is my new beginning? Well that depends on your perspective. Is it when dialysis started? Is it when I get a new kidney? Who knows!! I'm just praising God and thanking Him for the chance at any type of treatment right now. I praise God from Whom all blessings flow! And without Him putting my family, my husband, and my treatment team in my life, I'd surely be at the pearly gates right now. Where is your new beginning? Do you need a friend to help you stay the course and live accountably? I'll gladly fill that role for you as long as you can help me as well. Okay love you bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To whom it may concern

The future of whoever she will be

Whoever little brother wants to be